Accelerate your professional growth with an online M.A. Management – General
The versatility of the Master of Arts in Management – General online program from Avila University empowers you by providing broad-based management essentials alongside the highly specialized industry knowledge you need to advance your career.
Optimized for working professionals like you, this dynamic program features core coursework including financial decision-making, strategic communication, human resources, organizational development, and more. Plus, you can customize your degree by choosing electives across a variety of business disciplines so you will graduate with the management proficiencies vital to your career growth. You can complete your program in as few as 12 months with the support of highly engaged faculty, accelerated 8-week courses, and 100% online coursework.
Personalized learning experience
You will receive a personalized learning experience online. Faculty regularly engages in value-added comments and feedback providing the same level of instruction as if you were in person.
Earn your master's degree affordably with our low-cost tuition
The M.A. Management – General online program tuition is the same affordable, pay-by-the-course rate for all U.S. residents. Fees are included in the total tuition. Financial aid may be available.
Take note of these important dates for your master’s in management
Ideal for working professionals, the Master of Arts in Management online program features 8-week courses and multiple start dates each year so you can begin at the time that works best for you. View the full calendar for all upcoming starts and corresponding deadlines.
|Term||Start Date||App Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline||Tuition Deadline||Class End Date||Term Length|
|Fall 2 2023||10/16/23||10/6/23||10/11/23||10/13/23||10/15/23||12/16/23||8 weeks|
|Spring 1 2024||1/8/24||12/20/23||12/20/23||1/5/24||1/7/24||3/2/24||8 weeks|
|Spring 2 2024||3/4/24||2/23/24||2/28/24||2/23/24||3/3/24||5/4/24||8 weeks|
|Summer 1 2024||5/6/24||4/26/24||5/1/24||5/3/24||5/5/24||6/29/24||8 weeks|
|Summer 2 2024||7/1/24||6/21/24||6/25/24||6/27/24||6/30/24||8/24/24||8 weeks|
Ready to take the next steps toward earning your next degree?
Review the requirements for your online master’s in management
We’ve simplified the admission process to help you get started quickly and easily. You can find all Master of Arts requirements for admission to the Avila online program below.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2.75 GPA
- No GMAT or GRE required
In order to be eligible to receive an M.A. Management degree from Avila University, you must have the following:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- GPA requirements for unconditional admission: 2.75 cumulative grade point average at the completion of the undergraduate degree
- GPA requirements for conditional admission: 2.5 cumulative grade point average at the completion of the undergraduate degree
- Official transcripts from all institutions previously attended
Submit all official transcripts to:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Avila University
11901 Wornall Road
Kansas City, MO 64145
Learn more about the courses in the online M.A. Management
In order to earn the M.A. Management degree, you will complete 10 courses for a total of 30 credit hours. The 10 courses are comprised of 7 core courses and 3 elective courses. You can customize your electives from a variety of business disciplines listed below. There are no leveling courses or prerequisites required.
- Articulate the impact of Organizational Development from both a historical perspective and future-oriented application
- Apply concepts, theories, models of the behavioral sciences that facilitate organizational change
- Understand the importance of data gathering and diagnosis in developing effective interventions
- Promote effective and ethical problem solving and decision-making for interventions from a systems perspective
- Recognize and understand the difference between individual, team, and organizational interventions
- Advance generative dialog and collaborative skills Gain skills that can be applied as functioning OD practitioners
Students will be exposed to the international marketing management process. This will involve:
- Explain why a project office is highly valuable to project success
- Articulate how a project office should operate. This will include benefits, structure, and operation within the business enterprise
- Describe the scope of available tools and software available to the project manager
● Learners will have knowledge of instructional modalities
● Learners will identify the elements of effective learning and behavioral outcomes
● Learners will have knowledge of rapid prototyping in the context of instructional design
● Learners will develop an understanding how project management, change management and knowledge management play a role in instructional design
● Use effective questioning techniques to identify training outcomes
● Select and use analysis techniques for determining instructional content
● Identify and describe target population and environmental characteristics
● Conduct a needs assessment in order to recommend appropriate design solutions and strategies
● Analyze and utilize a variety of design models for ID
● Assessment: Develop a Needs Assessment